Monterey County Intellectual Property Attorney
Attorney F. David LaRiviere brings a wide range of intellectual property, licensing, patent, trademark, and litigation counsel with more than four decades of legal experience to the team here at JRG Attorneys at Law. A native of California, he completed his B.S. E. E. at Stanford University before obtaining his J.D. from the prestigious Santa Clara School of law in 1972.
Upon graduation, Mr. LaRiviere spent the early years of his career working in the tech industry for a growing and booming Silicon Valley. He has served as an in-house attorney or provided legal counsel for the Tomy Corporation, Hewlett-Packard, and even the IBM Corporation. Later, he became a Principal for the firm of Davis & Schroeder, P.C.
Attorney LaRiviere has long been an advocate for intellectual property and the rights of property owners. He is a member of the International Trademark Association, as well as previously serving on the INTA’s Roundtable Planning Committee. He has also served in leadership positions in committees and associations for business and intellectual property law in the state of California, including serving as the Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the California State Bar.
Today, his extensive experience make his services invaluable to companies and intellectual property rights holders who wish to protect their ability to control their most important assets.
- J.D. - University of Santa Clara School of Law (1972)
- B.S.E.E. - Stanford University (1963)
- Intellectual Property Business Counseling and Strategies
- Licensing, Business Transactions and Agreements
- Due Diligence, including IP Portfolio Analyses, and Related Counseling
- Patent and Trademark Registration Prosecution
- Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Telecommunications, and Computer Technologies
- Litigation Support
- Admitted to the State Bar of California
- Admitted to the Washington DC Bar Association
- Admitted to the Washington State Bar Association
- Admitted to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Admitted to the U.S. Supreme Court
- Admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Admitted to the Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- Admitted to the U.S. District Court for the Northern and Central Districts of California
Professional and Community Activities:
- Past Chair of the Intellectual Property Section of the State Bar of California
- Past Co-Chair of the Council of State Bar Sections
- Member of the Intellectual Property Panel of the American Arbitration Association
- Past Member, Executive Committee of the Business Law Section of the California State Bar
- Member, Monterey County & Santa Clara County Bar Associations
- Member, Washington, D. C. & Washington State Bar Associations
- Member, International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Past Member, INTA Roundtable Planning Committee
- Faculty Member, Monterey College of Law