J. R. graduated Magna Cum Laude, with Elliott School Honors, from George Washington University, in Washington, D.C. — earning his Bachelor of Arts in International Affairs. In 2010, he earned his Juris Doctor (J.D.) from the University of Miami School of Law. He has a Master of Laws (LLM) in Energy and Environmental Law from the George Washington University Law School.
Upon graduation from law school, J.R. accepted a commission with the United States Navy Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps. While on active duty, he served as a Prosecutor and Special Assistant United States Attorney. In his last active duty assignment, he served as the sole prosecutor for a jurisdiction of approximately 25,000 people. He has prosecuted more than 50 felonies, and more than 400 cases in U.S. District Court. He continues to serve as a Judge Advocate in the Selective Reserves. The skills and experience he earned in the JAG Corps prepared him to provide the high-quality services that our clients have relied upon for more than two decades.
J. R. focuses on litigation and energy and environmental law. Using his keen eye for detail and organizational abilities, he is able to apply himself to complex business and commercial disputes, land-use issues, and energy and environmental matters.
When J.R. is not diligently working on behalf of his clients, he commits himself to volunteer for causes and charitable projects that benefit veterans and children. He currently resides in Salinas with his wife, Tammy, and their two children.
- Master of Laws (LL.M) in Energy and Environmental Law; George Washington University School of Law, Washington, D.C. (2016)
- Juris Doctor (J.D.); University of Miami School of Law, Miami, Florida (2010)
- Bachelor of Arts (B.A.), International Affairs, Magna Cum Laude; George Washington University, Washington, D.C. (2005)
- Energy and Environmental Law
- Business & Commercial Law
- Land-Use Law
- Federal Court Admissions
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- The United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces
- State Bar Admissions
- State Bar of California
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar Section Memberships
- Environmental Law (CA)
- Litigation (CA)
- Environmental and Natural Resources Law (TX)
- Oil, Gas, and Energy Resources Law (TX)
- Legislative and Campaign Law (TX)
- Military Law (TX)
- Prop 65 Warnings Requirements Now in Effect. Is Your Company Compliant? Coastal Grower Magazine (Fall 2018).